Friday, March 9, 2012

Stars and Moon Quilt Finish

To see most current post at Kelly Girl Quilts, click HERE!

Good Friday morning, look at all the nice Nevada sunshine today!  I ran out to take these pictures before work... I forgot yesterday morning.






I'll take some more quilting pictures when I have a kinder
 afternoon sun and you can see the texture a bit better.


I thought about a gold binding, but decided to stay with blue.

and... the back is a panel of the solar system, the stars glow in the dark.  I usually go with a pieced back, but fell in love with this panel!



Yay, a finish! and it's Friday!

To see most current post at Kelly Girl Quilts, click HERE!

4 comments:

  1. This is a darling quilt--and I love the backing, too--perfect combo. I am collecting moon fabrics just 'cause they are so neat--don't know how I'll use them (like this is different??) but it'll come to me...have a great weekend....Julierose TGI--all the days as I am retired :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job, I've got some similar celestial fabrics and you inspire me to dig them out and create a new quilts.

    I've collected sun, moon and stars for quite awhile.

    Enjoy your quilt, the back is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! My oldest daughter is going off to college next year and she requested a quilt with stars all over it. I hope imitation is the sincerest form of flattery because I'm going to use your quilt for inspiration. Now to collect fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a pattern for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete